Recipe Review: This combination worked really well but I had a few issues with the recipe. The photo and the instructions don't match and that's a big reason my finished product was not photogenic and kind of ugly looking. See my variations and suggestions below.
Cooking time: 20 – 30 minutes Serves: 2 - 4
Preheat oven: Stove top only
- 4 cups brussels sprouts
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- Sesame seed (enough to cover the piece(s) of tuna), toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small or medium tuna steak (small for 2, medium for 4)
1. Steam fry or steam the sprouts until soft to your liking. Drain, place in a bowl and toss with the olive oil, garlic and celery salt. Leave to the side.
2. In a shallow bowl spread the sesame seeds.
3. Coat the tuna steaks in sesame oil and bathe the pieces into the toasted sesame seeds.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Make sure the pan is hot. Lay the tuna steaks onto the pan for 30 seconds each side.
5. Slice tuna and serve with a heaping of brussels sprouts.
I should have trusted my gut on this one and left the tuna steak whole, cooked it and then sliced it, so I have amended the recipe above. This should make it less time consuming, less messy and fiddly and had an appetising end result.