Recipe Review: Do I have to explain? Chocolate, coconut and raspberries... enough said!
Cooking time: 5 – 10 minutes plus 30 mins freezing time Serves: 6 – 8 pieces
Preheat oven: Stove top only
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries.
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, or coconut flakes for a chunkier version.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil.
- 80 g organic, salted butter.
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder or cocoa.
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup.
1. Line a dinner plate or baking tray with baking paper (a dinner plate is ideal as the slight indent creates a good shape).
2. Scatter the berries and coconut on the plate or baking tray. Melt the oil and butter in a saucepan or in the microwave (the oil takes longer to melt, so add the butter a little after).
3. Stir in the cacao powder and syrup and continue stirring until syrup has melted and mixture is well combined.
4. Pour mixture over the berries and pop into the freezer for 30 minutes until firm.*
5. To serve, either break into shards or cut into wedges.
* Sometimes you need to even it out with a spoon as you want the chocolate to evenly cover/pick up the coconut or you'll end up with coconut still sitting on the bottom of the tray after you've frozen it.