Recipe Review: These were super easy! Not as tasty as the Mint Chocolate Superfood Balls we’ve made previously (I will make these again next week). As you can see it made heaps!
Cooking time: 6 hours soaking time, 5 – 10 minutes hands on time, 2 – 3hours chilling time
Preheat oven: Food processor and fridge required only.
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for 6 hours)
- 1 cup macadamias (soaked for 6 hours)
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt*
- Combine all ingredients together and blend until it becomes a paste.
- Form into squares and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.**
To learn more about plant-based nutrition, check out The Ultimate Guide To Plant-Based Nutrition With Rich Roll.
* I used Himalayan sea salt as that’s all I have in the house at the moment.
** I cheated. I lined a small rectangular casserole dish with baking paper, scooped in the filling, smoothed evenly. Once chilled I just cut it into little pieces that were squarish! No getting my hands dirty this time.