Recipe Review: Oh my, very yummy! Smells great, easy to make, and filling to boot!
Cooking time: 25 – 35 minutes Serves: 4 - 6
Preheat oven: Stove top only
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil (organic, cold pressed)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. (Substitute sweet potatoes if you like.)
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup red lentils, well rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp. ginger, freshly grated
- 3 cups spinach, cut into strips
- Sea salt and cayenne to taste
- Slivered almonds, for garnish
1. In a large pot, warm coconut oil over low-medium heat.
2. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions become translucent, four to five minutes.
3. Add curry powder and salt and sauté another minute.
4. Add butternut squash, carrots, cauliflower, lentils, and water.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in ginger and spinach.
7. Add sea salt and cayenne to taste.
8. Garnish with slivered almonds.
I honestly have no suggestions, this was perfect just the way it was!