Recipe Review: Simon claims "I don't like pesto" but I was determined to make these "flavour bombs from Sarah Wilson" and prove to him that fresh pesto is fantastic! To serve we had some spelt and quinoa pasta in the house and some chicken that needed to be used. The zingy-ness of the Coriander pesto was perfect with chicken.
Cooking time: 10 â 15 minutes Serves: Makes a small jar
Preheat oven: food processor only
- 2 cups coriander leaves
- 2 medium green shallots (spring onions), peeled and roughly chopped including light green area
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- Â¼ cup grated parmesan or Â½ cup cashews, soaked in water for 1 â 4 hours and drained
- Â¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until creamy and smooth.
2. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or cover with a layer of oil and freeze.
Lekker! Super tasty. My only suggestion is make double! We used Â¾ of the jar just on our pasta and chicken for dinner that night.