Recipe Review: Ummmmm hello! Peanut butter in hot chocolate? Yes please! I've found my new hot chocolate replacement right here.
Cooking time: 5 to 15 minutes Serves: 2 - 4
Preheat oven: Stove top only
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 125ml almond milk (home made preferably)
- 160ml rice malt syrup, or to taste*
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ cup raw cacao powder, sifted well
- pinch of salt, or to taste
- cacao nibs to garnish (optional)
1. Throw all the ingredients except the cacao nibs into a saucepan and whisk like crazy. Bring to a low boil, then simmer for several minutes while whisking to remove any remaining clumps. Pour into mugs and top with cacao nibs to serve, if you like.
Perfect as is! But no harm adding more peanut butter if you're as big a fan as I am!
*We didn't want it too sweet so we only put in ½ cup of rice malt syrup. We both found it very indulgent with that much in it.