Recipe Review: I have to say I thought this looked amazing but I actually prefer the original version Coco-nutty Granola. I struggle sometimes with sweet, rich things for breakfast and this was just too much for me. Those with indefinite sweet and rich 'teeth' will probably get their kicks from this though.
Cooking time: 25 – 25 minutes Serves: 5 cups / large jar
Preheat oven: 120°c / 250°f
- 3 cups coconut flakes
- 2 cups almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pepitas (preferably activated), roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, optional
- 80 – 100g coconut oil or butter, melted
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup, optional
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, then spread evenly on the tray.
2. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden, turning and stirring halfway through the cooking time. I like to cook mine until quite dark – the darker it is, the crunchier.
3. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
TIP: Don't expect it to go crunchy in the oven. Most of the crunch-ing process is whilst it cools down