Recipe Review: Two main things here: first, I made this too thick to call it bark - I should have used a larger baking pan. Secondly, as much as this was delicious, I think I prefer making my own chocolate rather than melting down store bought. For that recipe use Raspberry Ripple.
Cooking time: 10 minutes plus chilling time Serves: 8-10 pieces
Preheat oven: Stove top only
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chipped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut or coconut chips
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey or sweetener of choice (optional)
1. Place a glass mixing bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and add chocolate and coconut oil.
2. Once everything has melted, remove from heat and add in the nuts, coconut and sweetener.
3. Mix well and pour onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
4. Place in the freezer to set. Once it has hardened, break into pieces.
If you are using a dry sugar to sweeten, I would "powder" it in a coffee grinder or blender or it will be gritty
You could use almonds instead of macadamia nuts.
As mentioned above I would make my own chocolate base recipe rather than used store bought and would set it in a bigger pan to get a thinner bark.