Recipe Review: We didn't have any white chia seeds nor cashew or almond milk in the house so Simon went about making this with black chia seeds and soy milk. Because we were still eating fruit he was allowed the frozen berries this time. I personally didn't like it, the combination of soy milk and vanilla powder made it taste like fake vanilla which I highly dislike. Simon says: "Yum, I made it without breaking anything and it tasted good."
So I need to buy more chia seeds and some almond milk (until I start making my own nut milks).
Cooking time: 5 minutes plus chilling time Serves: 2 - 3
Preheat oven: Fridge only
- ½ cup of chia seeds (white chia seeds are good to use for this recipe)
- 1 ½ cups of cashew nut milk (or almond milk or regular milk)
- ½ cup frozen berries (optional)
- stevia, to taste
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla powder
- pinch salt
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir. Divide into bowls or storage containers and place in the fridge.
If you’re a boy (Simon) this will only last 1 – 2 serves as it expands and then shrinks as it absorbs all the liquid so it doesn’t look like as much. However it is quite dense so could last someone 2 – 3 serves.
Next time I make this for myself I will use almond milk and fresh vanilla (I know it costs more but I happen to have some in the house) or some sugar free vanilla essence I found exploring shops.