Recipe Review: Simple, no non-sense cooking. It's nice to have something on hand for breakfast, snacks or picnics!
Cooking time: 15 – 30 minutes Serves: 6
Preheat oven: 200°
- Coconut oil for greasing
- 6 rashers of bacon
- 6 eggs
- Crumbled feta (optional)
- Chopped chives or other herbs (optional)
1. Lightly grease a 6-cup muffin tray.
2. Use a bacon rasher to line each muffin cup, looping or pressing the bacon around the sides and using any small broken bits to line the bottom. It needn't be a perfect job – feel free to use extra bacon bits to fill in the gaps.
3. If you like your bacon crispy, place the tray in the oven for 5 minutes before continuing.
4. Gently crack 1 egg into each bacon cup, then sprinkle with cheese and herbs if desired.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until the egg whites are set.
6. Let sit for a minute and then, using a knife or spoon, gently remove the cupcakes from the tray.
7. Serve hot or warm
No suggestions here.