Recipe Review: These were pretty easy to make but next time I would try a different ganache as I prefer it a bit creamier. Sarah Wilson has a coconut cream ganache recipe. You may have your own ganache recipe you prefer. Combine with the tartlet base recipe and you have a cute little dessert for parties or decadent snacks at home!
Cooking time: 10 – 15 minutes plus cooling time Serves: 9 – 12 tartlets
Preheat oven: Food processor only
For the crust:
- 1 and ¼ cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra-virgin unrefined coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup cacao powder
1. To make the crust: Place the almond flour, cacao powder, and salt into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and blend together with a fork until everything comes together and mixture becomes wet.
2. Press the dough evenly into cupcake pans with liners. I got 9 out of this. Spread the dough with fingers along the bottom and up the sides. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours to allow the dough to firm and chill.
1. To make the chocolate filling: Add the coconut oil and maple syrup to the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined. Add the cacao powder and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the edges of the bowl as needed. Pour the chocolate mixture over crusts and spread evenly.
2. Return tarts to the refrigerator to set and firm for at least 1 hour.
Note: Tarts can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Try different ganache recipes to make these a little more decadent and creamy in consistency.